Hot Summer Nights
We are smack dab in the middle of summer and we want to celebrate! We've decided to base our next Ride With GPS challenge off of hours logged on the bike.
Like the TdF Challenge we will be offering three levels of difficulty, so that people can challenge themselves appropriately. The first level will be geared towards people who spend less time on the bike, and the other two will challenge the most serious cyclists.
Saturday, August 4th - Sunday, August 26th
All you have to do now is sign up to complete 15, 30, or 60 hours of riding during the challenge in August. We'll keep an updated progress page for you, send motivating email updates, and give out prizes after each 1-week checkpoint!
For a ride to count, it must be recorded on a mobile device or with a GPS unit - we just need the ride to end up on the site and have time data in order to count it.
We will be awarding prizes to top-place finishers. We'll also award prizes for the competition's more noteworthy rides. As has been the case with the previous competitions this should be a lot of fun and we hope you'll all participate!
How Does it work?
Pick from the three competition options below, and click the "Join" button. Then just make sure you upload all your rides between August 4th and August 26th, and we'll take care of updating the leaderboards and handing out prizes at the end!
- Goal hours: 15
- Average hours per week: 5
- The gist: Just enough to get you on your bike a few times a week through the hot month! Great if you want to set a goal of commuting by bike.
- Goal hours: 30
- Average hours per week: 10
- The gist: Did you do the 1/4 TdF Challenge? This is a little more relaxed, but still tough! Anyone can complete this one but it will require some time in the saddle!
- Goal hours: 60
- Average hours per week: 20
- The gist: Are you looking for a real challenge this August? This will be three weeks of serious riding and will attract some tough competitors to the leaderboard!