Automatically synchronize your rides from Garmin Connect to Ride with GPS.
Syncronizing with Garmin Connect is a one-way process. It will take rides from your device, synchronize it to Garmin Connect, then transfer it over to Ride with GPS.
Your 30-day history will not sync immediately. It may take a few days to see your 30-days of activity history synced from Garmin Connect.
Enable Automatic Sync
- Click on the UPLOAD link on the top menu bar of the web site.
- Click on the ENABLE GARMIN SYNC button.
- You’ll be prompted to authorize Ride with GPS access to your Garmin Connect account.
Click the AUTHORIZE button to proceed.
- Sign into Garmin Connect using your email address and password that you registered on Garmin Connect.
Setup Garmin Express
- Download and install Garmin Express.
Note: the installation of Garmin Express is required to automate the synchronization process from your computer to Garmin Connect.
- Start Garmin Express
- Click ADD DEVICE.
- You will be prompted to plug in your device if you haven’t already plugged it in to your computer.
- When your device is plugged in, DEVICE FOUND will appear. If Garmin Express has not found your device, check your connection or try another USB cable.
- If you have any activities on your Garmin unit, this sync will only take a moment then say that Sync is Complete.
From here you can update the firmware of your device.
- I have more than 30 days of history on Garmin Connect, how can I get my entire history?
- Garmin will only feed us the last 30 days of activity. If you wish to get beyond the last 30 days of historical data, you will need to use a third-party service.
- But isn’t web support for Garmin Express and Garmin Communicator going away?
- No. Garmin Communicator is a web browser plugin that is no longer supported. Garmin Express is a stand-alone app that is continually upgraded and allows your Garmin device to sync to and from connect.garmin.com. Garmin Express is not going away any time soon.
- Recommendations for making sure my data is still secure?
- If your Garmin Connect activities are set to Private, then they will get synced to Ride with GPS as Private even if your Ride with GPS default privacy is set to Public. We will always take the most restrictive approach to your ride data when syncing. Any Privacy Zones that you have set up prior or after syncing your data will be applied to your rides.
Disconnecting from Garmin Connect
If you no longer wish to sync your device via Garmin Connect and Garmin Express, troubleshooting sync issues, or want to sync with
a different account, follow these steps.
Disconnecting from Garmin Connect will not delete any of your rides.