We believe that your data is your data to do with as you please. Using the BACKUPS tool in your account management page will allow you to create a downloadable backup of all your Rides.
Due to the extra load on our servers this creates, Starter and Basic users are limited to one backup per month.
Premium subscribers can create a backup of their data as frequently as they wish.
There is no limit to the number of rides to be backed up, but these backups only include Rides. This does not include your planned routes, gear, photos, or other data.
Starting a Backup
- Select the BACKUPS tab.
- Select “Use originally uploaded file if available” option.
If you had uploaded from a stand-alone GPS device, you’ll get the original file which will be a TCX, FIT, or GPX file depending on the model of device.
- Click the BACKUP ALL ACTIVITIES button to start the backup process.
- It will take a few minutes for the backup to complete. You will receive an e-mail when your backup is ready. You can follow this link in the e-mail or refresh your Backups page to see all the download links.
Why would I want to choose one format over another?
TCX contains all your location and time data as well as all recorded cadence (CAD), power (WATTS), and heart rate (HR) data.
GPX works everywhere, but does not include all extra data values that may be present. This contains only your track data and basic time metrics calculated from the track data. Does NOT contain any additional sensor data.
After creating a full backup and downloading it to your computer, you can create incremental backups that contain additional rides that have been recorded since the full backup.
Make sure you first download your full backup as creating an incremental backup clears the list of downloads.
- Go back to the Backups tab and click the BACKUP SINCE (DATE) button to start the incremental backup.
Like a full backup, you’ll receive an e-mail notification when the backup is complete and ready for download.
- The new backup will only contain the rides that have been uploaded since your last full backup.
- How many backups can I create per month?
- Due to the extra load this puts onto our servers, Free and Basic subscribers will only be able to perform 1 backup per month. Premium subscribers will be able to run backups as many times as they wish.
- Why do I have to run backups? Isn’t my data secure?
- This is just one option to allow you get it all at once to do with as you please. All of your data on our servers is secured and backed-up automatically every night. If you are only worried about data loss, we’ve got this covered.
- How do I backup all my routes?
- Route backups into ZIP files are not available. You will have to open each route and export to a format of your liking.
- I created a backup, but now the link to download has disappeared after a few days. What happened?
- Each backup file that is created is available to download for 7 calendar days. After 7 days, the backup is deleted from the server but all your original activities are still intact.