- Event Calendar
- Simple Events
- Create an Event Page
- Event List View
- Invite Participants
- Export Your Club Event Calendar
- RSVP for an Event
- Events on the Mobile App
- When the Event is Over
- Copy Events
Simple events are created very quickly by clicking on a date on the calendar, entering a time, and a description about the event. These are great for scheduling club meetings, social gatherings, or other event that does not have a route associated with it.
- Sign in as the Club account
- Click any date on the calendar. A plus sign (+) will appear on the date.
- Select the routes you want in the event by clicking the check box on the far left.
- click CREATE EVENT just below the Route Library
- Give your event a name.
- Set a date for the event.
- Uncheck “All Day” to set a start time.
- Optional: Automatically remove participants. This will clear the participant list at 14 days, 30 days, or 60 days after the event end date.
- Optional: Require Name and E-mail to RSVP. This will require participants to enter their first name, last name, and e-mail address. Having this enable will then display this information in the event participant list viewable only to route managers.
- Select the privacy for the event.
Will it be public, Club Members, or private for route managers only?
- Click SAVE when you are done.
Create an Event Page
You can create an event for your club, these events can have multiple route options but take place in a particular date.
You’ll be taken to the event page where you can add even more information and more routes. Click on SHOW ALL ON MAP to see the routes all on one map.
Event List View
List view will show all the events that are dated and un-dated.
After you have added all the routes to your event page and are ready to share it with participants, follow these steps to share a link for riders to RSVP to your event.
- Click MANAGE PARTICIPANTS to see who has already RSVP’ed and to get the private link to invite other riders.
- You’ll copy then paste this link into an e-mail that you would send out to riders to be invited to the event.
- When this URL is clicked, it will automatically RSVP that rider and add them to the participant list. When riders have RSVP’ed to an event, they will be sent a confirmation email linking back to this event.
- When you send out the auto-approval link to your event participants, we recommend also sending them a link to the participant benefits page as well to give them an overview on features they’ll have access to and how to use those features.
- Participants will see the routes show up in their EVENTS section of their profile by going to Home > Profile > EVENTS.
Export your club event calendar
You can share your Club’s event calendar with another service like Outlook.com or Google Calender. Any new club events you create will then get synced automatically.
Get step by step instructions on importing your Ride with GPS Calendar to your own Google or Outlook calendar at this link: Importing the Club Event Calendar
RSVP for an event
For anyone that can log into the Club account (has “manages members” or “manages routes” enabled), they can visit an event page, click MANAGE PARTICIPANTS to see who has RSVP’ed.
Events on the Mobile App
After you have RSVP’ed to an event, you can view the event page and routes on the mobile app for iPhone and Android.
- Select the event to which you have RSVP’ed.
- From this list of routes under the event, select a route.
- Start navigation by tapping the Vertical Ellipsis ( ) in the upper right corner then select RIDE THIS.
In this list, you’ll upcoming events, current events, and past events.
Check out Starting Voice Navigation in the mobile app for more information.
Automatically Remove Participants
You can have the event page automatically clear the participant list after a selected number of days. This is great for those events that are re-used multiple times and will have different participants each time.
When setting up the options for your event, click AUTOMATICALLY REMOVE PARTICIPANTS.
Then from the drop down, select a number of days to wait before clearing the list. This option defaults at 2 weeks but you can also choose 30 days or 60 days.
When this option is used in conjunction with event leaderboards, the leaderboards will be clears after the selected number of days have passed.
When the event is over
After your tour is complete and your riders have headed home, you can clear out the participant list and ready the event page for a new wave of clients.
You can copy an event to re-use the event description and list of routes.
- You must be signed-into the club account.
- Open the event to be copied.
- Click COPY EVENT in the upper right corner of the event description.
If you do not see this option, then you may not be signed into the club account or you may not have permission to copy events.
Event Planning Tips
- Name your routes starting with a number to help keep them in order and make them easier to find. If you have over 9 routes to sort, number them as 01, 02…09, 10…and so on.
- Include some basic info in the event page like how to formally register, official site, expectations, predicted weather, anything your think the riders should know prior to the event.