- Event Calendar
- Simple Events
- Create an Event Page
- Set Official PDF
- Event List View
- Tag Events
- Invite Participants
- Export Your Club Event Calendar
- Events on the Mobile App
- When the Event is Over
- Copy Events
Simple events are created very quickly by clicking on a date on the calendar, entering a time, and a description about the event. These are great for scheduling club meetings, social gatherings, or other event that does not have a route associated with it.
- Sign in as the Club account
- Click any date on the calendar. A plus sign (+) will appear on the date.
- Select the routes you want in the event by clicking the check box on the far left.
- click CREATE EVENT just below the Route Library
- Give your event a name.
- Set a date for the event.
- Uncheck “All Day” to set a start time.
- Optional: Automatically remove participants. This will clear the participant list at 14 days, 30 days, or 60 days after the event end date.
- Optional: Require Name and E-mail to RSVP. This will require participants to enter their first name, last name, and e-mail address. Having this enable will then display this information in the event participant list viewable only to route managers.
- Select the privacy for the event.
Will it be public, Club Members, or private for route managers only?
- Click SAVE when you are done.
Create an Event Page
You can create an event for your club, these events can have multiple route options but take place in a particular date.
You’ll be taken to the event page where you can add even more information and more routes. Click on SHOW ALL ON MAP to see the routes all on one map.
- Click Print PDF from any of your organization’s route pages
To learn more about creating and customizing your PDF cuesheet.
Event List View
List view will show all the events that are dated and un-dated.
- Select the events you wish to tag.
- Click Set Tags
- In the Event Tags field, type in the desired tag or click to show the list of available tags.
- After you have typed a tag, press enter to complete the tag. It will appear in a small box.
- Repeat these steps to add additional tags to the same event.
- Click the Add tags button to finish adding the tag to the event or click Remove tags to remove the tag from the event.
After you have added all the routes to your event page and are ready to share it with participants, follow these steps to share a link for riders to RSVP to your event.
- You’ll copy then paste this link into an e-mail that you would send out to riders to be invited to the event.
- When this URL is clicked, it will automatically RSVP that rider and add them to the participant list. When riders have RSVP’ed to an event, they will be sent a confirmation email linking back to this event.
- When you send out the auto-approval link to your event participants, we recommend also sending them a link to the participant benefits page as well to give them an overview on features they’ll have access to and how to use those features.
- Participants will see the routes show up in their EVENTS section of their profile by going to Home > Profile > EVENTS.
- Select the event to which you have RSVP’ed.
- From this list of routes under the event, select a route.
- Start navigation by tapping the Vertical Ellipsis ( ) in the upper right corner then select RIDE THIS.
- You must be signed-into the club account.
- Open the event to be copied.
- Click COPY THIS EVENT in the admin options above the event details.
If you do not see this option, then you may not be signed into the club account or you may not have permission to copy events.
After you have invited riders to your event, you can see who has RSVP’ed and manage their access.
Export your club event calendar
You can share your Club’s event calendar with another service like Outlook.com or Google Calender. Any new club events you create will then get synced automatically.
Get step by step instructions on importing your Ride with GPS Calendar to your own Google or Outlook calendar at this link: Importing the Club Event Calendar
After you have RSVP’ed to an event, you can view the event page and routes on the mobile app for iPhone and Android.
In this list, you’ll upcoming events, current events, and past events.
Check out Starting Voice Navigation in the mobile app for more information.
You can copy an event to re-use the event description and list of routes.
Event Planning Tips
- Name your routes starting with a number to help keep them in order and make them easier to find. If you have over 9 routes to sort, number them as 01, 02…09, 10…and so on.
- Include some basic info in the event page like how to formally register, official site, expectations, predicted weather, anything your think the riders should know prior to the event.