Your local cycling club has set up a Club Account on Ride with GPS. Learn how to join your club and take advantage of the paid features unlocked for all routes in the Club library.
Here are the paid features you gain by joining your club:
- Turn-by-turn navigation on the mobile app
- Offline maps on the mobile app
- Estimated Time
- Advanced Turn Notifications
- Print PDF Maps & Cue sheets
Accessing your club
After your club membership manager has approved your entrance into the club, you’ll see the club’s icon in your profile page under Groups.
Using paid features on the mobile app
Turn-by-turn Voice Navigation
You can use the paid feature of turn-by-turn voice navigation on all club routes.
If you don’t already have it, download and install the free Ride with GPs mobile app for iPhone or Android.
- Sign into the mobile app using the same credentials that you used to sign into the website.
- Tap the upper left corner to show the app drawer
- Tap the sign icon in the upper right to start navigation.
The app must record your ride for the navigation to work properly.
- Tap OK to start recording the ride and navigating the route.
Download Offline Maps for Club Routes
You may ride routes in areas that don’t have cellular network coverage. Prepare for these routes by first downloading the route and map info onto your iPhone or Android device.
- Select “Save route and Map” (recommended).
Selecting “Save route” will only download the route line, it won’t include any map tiles.
- Learn all about Offline Maps
Using paid features on the website
After you’ve recorded and uploaded a ride, you can start to see an estimated moving time for completing your club routes.
Learn more about Estimated Time.
Advanced turn notifications
When using a Garmin Edge series device, you can export any club route with Advanced Turn Notifications.
- Select a route from the club library
- Click the EXPORT tab in the upper right corner
- Check the box for Turn Notifications.
The default distance is 30 meters, but you can change this to to any distance you wish. 30 meters works for most riders, but if you want more time to react to notifications, change it to 50 meters.
- Click TCX Course to download the route to the NEW FILES folder on your Garmin device.
See EXPORTING ROUTES TO GARMIN DEVICES for detailed instructions
Print PDF Maps and Cue Sheets
When you want a paper version of the route and cue sheet, take advantage of the paid feature for printing PDFs.
- Check the options you wish to include in the PDF.
- Finish by clicking the GENERATE PDF button at the bottom of the page. The completed PDF will be e-mailed to you automatically.
For more details on customizing a PDF, check out Customizing Cue Sheets.
- Estimated Time
- Starting Navigation on Mobile
- Offline Maps for iPhone or Android
- Print Maps and Cue Sheets