The Event account works much like your personal Ride with GPS account, except it can be used by multiple members to administer routes for your event-planning organization. Each Event account has its own list of routes, event pages, calendar, and can be used to plan new routes.
Once you’ve created an Event account, visit your Event account page:
- Sign in to your personal account and scroll down under the Profile tab to your Events section.
- Your new Event account will appear in this section with a Ride with GPS badge (a default that will be replaced by your event page logo).
- Click on the badge to edit your account details.
To start configuring your account, click the Manage Account button on your organization’s navigation bar. Only members with the Admin and Billing Manager permissions will have access to this page.
Make sure to click the SAVE button to retain all your changes.
Make sure to click the SAVE button to retain your location change.
- Only allow members with invite link to join account:
- Riders can only join if they click the auto-approval link that is shared with them.
- Require members to set a name and e-mail address:
- This allows you to get a name and e-mail address from anyone.
- Enable messages
- A message board to share with account members.
- Allow members to post messages
- Allow all members to post messages to the rest of your account members.
- Default privacy setting for routes
- Set a default privacy for your routes when routes are save or copied to the account.
- Disable ability to copy routes for everyone except route managers
- Remove the option to copy your routes. Only route managers that are signed into your organization’s account will be able to copy routes.
- Enable calendar & events
- A shared calendar to announce rides.
- Default to List View Calendar View
- Set the account’s event page to default to Calendar View or List View
- Use metric units when signed into club:
- The account’s preferences will over-ride the rider’s preferences when viewing a route.
Members assigned the Billing Manager and Admin permissions have the ability access the Billing tab where they’ll be able to add and update payment information, see transaction history, and print receipts.
- View the account account status if inactive or yearly
- View the Transaction log to see previous charges and dates
- Update payment info
- View next billing date
- Generate a receipt
Generate a receipt
- Click the TRANSACTION LOG tab.
- Click RECEIPT for the transaction PDF to be downloaded to your computer.
- Print out the PDF for your records.
Now that you have set up your Event account page and configured the settings, it’s time to set up your Route Library.