- When you sign up for an event that uses Ride with GPS maps and navigation, the event organizer will provide you with an auto-approval link you can use to sync the event to your account and unlock free navigation.
- Once you click the link, you will be asked to sign up if you are new to the site, or sign in if you have an existing account. The event will automatically be synced to your account on both mobile and online.
- Once you have clicked the auto-approval link and signed in to your Ride with GPS account, you’ll see confirmation that you have been added to the event.
- Download the app for iPhone or Android, and sign in using your Ride with GPS account.
- Once signed in, tap the “drawer” icon in the upper left corner of the screen to see the app menu.
- Tap My Events to see all the routes for your RSVPed events.
- Then tap the name of a route to view it in the app.
To navigate a route:
- Tap the NAVIGATE button in the lower left corner of the route preview.
- You’ve now started navigation for the event route.
You can download your Ride with GPS event routes for use offline to save your phone battery and/or avoid using data while riding. To download maps for use offline, tap the DOWNLOAD button in the bottom left corner of the route preview screen. It may take a few minutes to download. This works best when connected to a wifi network. Once your download is complete, you will have full access to that route and map even when you are not connected to a cellular network or wifi.
- Tap the menu icon in the upper right corner.
- Select Download All
- You’ll be taken to the Available Offline section of the app and have all the routes queued up for download.
You can create and print PDF files of your event route maps and cue sheets. Click the name of any event route to view it. You will see a link to print PDF maps and cue sheets in the right side panel.