- When you sign up for an event that uses Ride with GPS maps and navigation, the event organizer will provide you with an auto-approval link. This link may be sent to you via email or social media, or you may get it on the event organizer’s website. Click on this link to RSVP to the event.
- Once you click the auto-approval link, you will be directed to the Ride with GPS website. If you don’t already have a Ride with GPS account, you will be prompted to create a new (free) account. You can sign up using Facebook or by entering your email address, password, and a nickname that will be displayed on your Profile page.If you already have an account, sign in with your existing account information.
- Once you have clicked the auto-approval link and signed in to your Ride with GPS account, you’ll see confirmation that you have been added to the event.
- When accessing the Ride with GPS website, you’ll find the event routes in the EVENTS section under the Profile tab on your Home page. Scroll down to see your events.
- Download the app for iPhone or Android and sign in using your Ride with GPS account.
- Once signed in, tap the “drawer” icon in the upper left corner of the screen to see the app menu.
- Tap MY EVENTS to see all the routes for your RSVPed events.
- Then tap the name of a route to view it in the app.
To navigate a route:
- Tap the menu icon ( ) in the upper right corner.
- Select Ride This
- You’ve now started navigation for the event route.
You can download your Ride with GPS event maps for use offline to save your phone battery and/or avoid using data while riding. To download maps for use offline, tap the download icon in the bottom right corner of the route screen, select “save map & route,” and tap “save.” It may take a few minutes to download. This works best when connected to a wifi network. Once your download is complete, you will have full access to that route and map even when you are not connected to a cellular network or wifi.
Download All Routes for Events
- Tap the menu icon in the upper right corner.
- Select DOWNLOAD ALL
- You’ll be taken to the AVAILABLE OFFLINE section of the app and have all the routes queued up for download.
You can create and print PDF files of your event route maps and cue sheets. Click the name of any event route to view it. You will see a link to print PDF maps and cue sheets in the right side panel.
Click the file type you wish to download for use with your device, and the download will begin automatically.
To learn more about all the features available to you for event routes, check out the articles below:
Learn more about using turn-by-turn navigation with event routes and our free mobile app for iPhone and Android.
Learn how to make an event route available for offline use in areas without cellular network access.