After planning your route, export it to your Garmin device in various file formats for navigation.
- Plug in your Garmin device into your computer via USB.
- Drag & drop or copy & paste the downloaded file into the Garmin > Garmin > NewFiles folder.
- Eject the device from the Mac Finder or Windows Explorer.
- Turn ON your Garmin and select your route to start navigating!
Get more specific info for your Garmin Device.
- TCX Course:
- Great for use with all the Garmin Edge devices.
The “Notify Before Turn” setting is available for Premium and Basic subscribers.
“Reduce to 500 points” is for much older devices.
- GPX Track:
- Contains only the breadcrumb trail for use with other GPS devices.
DOES NOT CONTAIN CUSTOM CUES.
- Include POI As Waypoints?
- The routes Points of Interest will be displayed separately from the route and depending on your device will remain in memory.
- Include Cues as Waypoints?
- Only recommended for much older devices that do not have navigation functionality. We recommend this for the eTrex, Oregon, and Montana series.
- GPX Route:
- Contains only the cues, no track information.
- Cue Sheet CSV File:
- Contains ONLY the cues. No track information. Open this with your preferred spreadsheet program to have full control how the cues are formatted.
- Google Earth KML:
- Only used in Google Earth, not compatible with any Garmin devices.
*eTrex, Oregon, GPX 6x series, and Montana series will have a folder called GPX.
Simply unplugging the device from your computer without ejecting it may result in corrupt data on the device.