Set personal cycling goals to keep yourself motivated, or use them to set benchmarks throughout the year. You can also create challenges and invite your friends.
Whether you want to set up a club mileage challenge, prep for that big tour later in the year, or you’re planning to ride your first century let Goals keep you on pace. On the website or the latest version of our iOS and Android app, you’ll have the ability to track your progress in real time, and check leaderboards to see how your friends are doing.
This feature is available for ALL account levels.
- Go to https://ridewithgps.com/goals/
- Select a Goal type
- Ride Farther
- Challenge yourself to ride a certain distance. Calculated based on the total distance of your recorded rides.
- Spend more time on the Bike
- Set a goal to up your time spent riding. Calculated based on the total moving time of your recorded rides.
- Climb Higher
- See how much elevation gain you can do. This goal is calculated on the total elevation gain metric of your recorded rides.
- Challenge Friends
- See who can do the most mileage or climbing before the challenge ends. This challenge is a bit more opened ended. Set date range for the challenge then try to get as much riding completed before the end. You can challenge yourself or invite as many friends as you like.
Types of Goals:
- Hover the mouse pointer over the goal
- Click SHOW TRIPS
- Click HIDE TRIPS when you wish to collapse the participants ride history.
- Click SHOW TRIPS
- Check the box next to any trip to exclude it. Un-check the box to include the trip.
As trips are excluded the total for that participant is updated automatically.
Manually Logged Rides
You can still leave a goal after you have joined it. You can leave it from the website or from the mobile app.
If you are the owner/creator of a goal, you will not be able to leave it. You can only delete the goal, but this will delete the goal for all participants.
You will only be able to edit the Goal icon, name, and description.
You cannot change the goal type, distance/elevation/time nor the dates. If you made a mistake in creating your goal type then you will simply have to create a new goal.
Deleting a Goal
- Go to the Goal page that you have created.
- Click the DELETE GOAL button and confirm your selection.
- The Goal will be deleted from your list of goals and the list of other riders.
Deleting a Goal does not delete the participating rides.
DELETED GOALS CANNOT BE RECOVERED. They are permanently deleted.
Completing a Goal
MORE ON GOAL COMPLETION COMING SOON.
- I accidentally deleted a goal, can you recover it for me?
- No, at this time we do not provide any means of recovering goals. This is why we prompt you to make sure you mean to delete the goal. You will have to create a new goal and re-invite any participants.
- Is there any limit to the number of goals I can create?
- There is no limit. Create as many goals as you like!
- I have rides that I don’t want to count towards my goal, how do I exclude them?
- Create a piece of Gear with the “Exclude from Stats” option checked.
- How can I flag or remove a participants activity from counting towards a goal?
- Whoever owns the goal will be able to flag and remove specific rides from Goals as a way of self-policing. Feature coming soon.