A great feature to help share your rides as they happen is called Live Logging.
You must have cellular network access for this function to work. If you lose service while live-logging, we will update everything accordingly when you gain service back.
- Start Live Logging
- How do friends and family see your Live Logging?
- Sharing a ride in progress
- Live Logging Settings
- Live Logging and Privacy
Tap GO RIDE.
Tap the antenna icon in the upper right corner.
Tap the antenna icon in the upper right.
You’ll then get prompted to check your Live Logging settings. After you have made changes to the setting, press DONE to start Live Logging your location.
If you haven’t already started recording your ride, you will get prompted to do so. The app will not start Live Logging your location until you start recording the ride.
The antenna icon will turn orange to indicate Live Logging is active. Tap it a second time to deactivate it.
When someone goes to your profile, they will see the text CURRENTLY LIVE LOGGING. By clicking this link they will be taken to a map with your current location and track for the trip.
You’ll get a list of available sharing options. I’m going to select Facebook for this example.
Tap the upper left hand corner of the app, then going into SETTINGS > LIVE LOGGING to change how it behaves. You can enable it for every ride, change the interval, sync photos while Live Logging, and speak comments made to your Live Log while you ride (currently Android only).
Live Logging intervals can be changed to update every 30 seconds, 1 minute, 2 minutes, 5 minutes, or 10 minutes.
Keep in mind the more frequent the Live Logging, the more battery time it will consume. If you want to conserve battery, change it to 5 or 10 minutes.
By default, the Live Logging feature is set to public therefore everyone can view the ride on your profile page. You can choose between three privacy settings to decide who can see your ride in progress.
- Public – Everyone can see your ride by simply going to your profile page. They don’t even have to sign into the website.
- Friends Only – Only those accounts you have befriended within the Ride with GPS will be able to see your ride.
- Private – Only your account will be able to see your ride in progress. Typically it is a spouse or family member signed in with your account that would view this ride as it happens.
Should the start or end of your ride take place within one of your Privacy Zones, then that part of the ride will remain private regardless of the Live Logging privacy setting.
When you enabled Live Logging along with the Live Photo Syncing option, any photos you take within the app or out of the app will be automatically synced to your Live Log and available for viewing on the website.
Live Photo Synced photos are uploaded at a much smaller resolution of 1024×768 pixels which moderate compression to minimize the amount of data used. Once you have finished your ride, you will be prompted to select photos to be uploaded. Photos that were Live-Synced will have the Live Logging icon on them to show their status. These photos will then be uploaded again at full resolution upon saving of the ride. We recommend saving and uploading once you get to a Wifi connection to save data on your cellular network.
Points to Remember:
- Live Logging intervals can be changed in App Settings
- Enable Live Photo Syncing in your app settings so photos get uploaded in real time as well, and geotagged to their exact location. Disable this feature if you wish to conserve your wireless data.
- Must have access to cellular network data to transmit your location.
- By default, it is viewable to the public.
- For Premium and Basic members
Now get out there and ride!by