Using signature features on the mobile app
You’ve RSVPed for your Tour event and now you want to take advantage of the signature features it offers like navigation and offline maps.
Starting Navigation on Tour routes
- After RSVPing for your Tour event, download and install the free mobile app for iPhone or Android.
- Sign in to the app using the same email address and password that you used when you signed up for your account on Ride with GPS.
- Tap the () upper left corner to go into the app drawer.
- Go to MY EVENTS. This contains all the routes for your tour.
- From the event page, select the route you want to navigate.
- To start navigation:
- The app may take a moment to lock on to your position. Once it is locked, your position will show on the map as a blue dot, and you will begin navigation.
Offline Maps for Tour Routes
- Select a tour route by tapping its name.
- Tap the download icon in the bottom right corner
- Select Save Map & Route, then tap SAVE.
- It will take a couple of minutes to download the route and map. How long depends on the length of the route and the area covered.
- You’ll find your downloaded routes in the AVAILABLE OFFLINE section in the app drawer.
- To start navigation on any of your downloaded routes, tap the name of the route to view it.
- To maximize battery life, keep the screen off as much as possible. The screen is your number 1 consumer of power. Turn up the volume on your phone to max or use an ear piece to listen for navigation cues.
- When riding in areas without cellular reception, put your phone in airplane mode so it doesn’t waste power trying to connect to cell towers.
- Learn about all the mobile app features by visiting our Mobile Help Portal page.