Using Premium features on the mobile app
You’ve signed up for an event hosted by a Ride with GPS Event account. Here’s how to navigate your event routes and take advantage of the paid features you gain access to as an event participant.
Starting Navigation on event routes
- After RSVP-ing for an event, download and install the free mobile app for iPhone or Android.
- Sign into the app using the same e-mail address and password that you used on the website.
- Tap the () upper left corner to go into the app drawer.
- Go to “My Events” and tap on the event you want to ride. This will bring up all the routes in your event’s Route Library.
- Tap the route you wish to navigate.
- To start navigation:
- You’ll be prompted to start recording a ride. You must be recording in order to hear audio cues.
Offline Maps for Event Routes
- Select an Event route by tapping its name.
- Tap the download icon in the bottom right corner
- Select Save Map & Route, then tap SAVE.
- It will take a couple of minutes to download the route and map, this depends on the length of the route and the area covered.
- You’ll find your downloaded routes in the AVAILABLE OFFLINE section in the app drawer.
- To start navigation on any of your downloaded routes, tap the name of the route to view it.
- To maximize battery life, keep the screen off as much as possible. The screen is your number 1 consumer of power. Turn up the volume on your phone to max or use an ear piece to listen for navigation cues.
- When riding in areas without cellular reception, put your phone in airplane mode so it doesn’t waste power trying to connect to cell towers.
- Learn about all the mobile app features by visiting our Mobile Help Portal page.