Do you have a Bluetooth device that you would like to pair to our app? Here’s how to pair a heart rate monitor and speed & cadence sensor in the mobile app.
The iPhone version of the app was used in this example. Android users will follow the same instructions.
Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your phone before going into the app.
Tips on Pairing Devices
- Ride With GPS supports all Bluetooth Smart (Bluetooth 4/BTE/BTLE) sensors.
- Make sure the device is not paired with another application or within the system. Bluetooth doesn’t share very well.
- Heart Rate not changing or shows irregularly, the strap contacts may not be making a good connection or the battery in the device may be low. See the documentation of your device on how to troubleshoot this problem or how to change the battery.
- RFLKT users should check out the Pairing RFLKT video.
Pairing a Bluetooth Device:
In this step-by-step demo, I’m going to show how to pair a Wahoo Heart Rate Monitor, but the steps will be the same for any model.
- You will see a list of devices.
In this example, the unknown devices can be ignored they will not work with the app.
- Tap the device you want to pair.
- In this example, I’m going to select BSCBLE v1.5. It is a bluetooth speed & cadence sensor.
- After selecting the speed & cadence sensor, you can enable or disable the specific sensor part that you want to use.
- Enter your wheel circumference in millimeters.
Android version only: leave the wheel circumference as -1 to have the app enter the value for you. This will get set automatically as you start recording a ride and moving some distance.
Here’s a quick reference sheet to find your wheel circumference in mm.
- Tap SAVE to complete the pairing process.
Changing Metrics in the Mobile App
On both iPhone and Android versions of the app, tap & hold down any of the 5 metrics on the screen to get a list of available metrics.
See the article “Changing Metrics on the mobile app” for more information.
- When using a heart rate monitor, a low battery will usually cause the heart rate to display a crazy number (>199) or the number will never change at all.
- It can take up to 20 seconds for a device to start showing data in the app.
- You will only need to pair a device once. Next time you use the app, you can just start recording without having to go through the pairing process again.
- If your speed is outrageously high or low, check your wheel circumference setting.
- Speakers and headphones should not be paired within the app. You will need to pair these devices in the phone settings if you wish to listen the voice navigation cues.
- Check our list for Compatible Devices