Do you have a Bluetooth device that you would like to pair to our app? Here’s how to pair a heart rate monitor and speed & cadence sensor in the mobile app.
Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your phone before going into the app.
Tips on Pairing Devices
- Ride With GPS supports all Bluetooth Smart (Bluetooth 4/BTE/BTLE) sensors.
- Make sure the device is not paired with another application or within the system. Bluetooth doesn’t share very well.
- Heart Rate not changing or shows irregularly, the strap contacts may not be making a good connection or the battery in the device may be low. See the documentation of your device on how to troubleshoot this problem or how to change the battery.
Pairing a Bluetooth Device:
In this step-by-step demo, I’m going to show how to pair a Wahoo Heart Rate Monitor, but the steps will be the same for any model.
- Tap the Cog icon in the upper left corner of the app to bring up the settings menu
- Tap Bluetooth Settings
- You will see a list of devices.
In this example, the unknown devices can be ignored they will not work with the app.
- Tap the device you want to pair.
- After selecting a sensor, you can enable or disable the specific sensor parts that you want to use.
- If you have paired a speed sensor you will need to enter your wheel circumference in millimeters.
Android version only: Leave the wheel circumference as -1 to have the app enter the value for you. This will get set automatically as you start recording a ride and moving some distance.
Here’s a quick reference sheet to find your wheel circumference in mm.
- Tap SAVE to complete the pairing process.
Changing Metrics in the Mobile App
On both iPhone and Android versions of the app, tap & hold down any of the 5 metrics on the screen to get a list of available metrics.
See the article “Changing Metrics on the mobile app” for more information.
- When using a heart rate monitor, a low battery will usually cause the heart rate to display a crazy number (>199) or the number will never change at all.
- It can take up to 20 seconds for a device to start showing data in the app.
- You will only need to pair a device once. Next time you use the app, you can just start recording without having to go through the pairing process again.
- If your speed is outrageously high or low, check your wheel circumference setting.
- Speakers and headphones should not be paired within the app. You will need to pair these devices in the phone settings if you wish to listen the voice navigation cues.
- Check our list for Compatible Devices