Riding through a spectacular mountain range? Rolling through picturesque farm roads? Using the Ride With GPS app, you can snap a photo, and it will be geotagged and automatically uploaded to the website along with your ride.
This feature is an excellent way to supplement a story and interact with riders, sharing your amazing scenic ride, bike tour, or a spin to your favorite coffee shop with friends.
- Taking Photos
- Adding Photos
- View and Share Photos in the App
- App Photo Settings
- Live Logging Photo Settings
You can take photos while recording, we recommend using your preferred camera app on your phone to track the geolocation and utilize editing features available in it.
After you’ve started recording a ride, open your default camera app to take photos and at the end of your ride we will prompt you to select your preferred photos to save to your ride.
When Saving a ride, or while viewing any ride or route; you can change the name, description, privacy, gear, and add photos.
Saving Photos at end of Ride
- When you are done with your ride, long press the pause button, and then tap FINISH RIDE. Then, you will be prompted to name your ride (optional), set privacy, select your gear, and add photos taken during the ride.
- Tap ADD PHOTOS to open the photo selector
- By default, the app will separate photos taken during the ride duration from your overall photo gallery for easy selection.
- Tap on photos to select them, selected Photos will be indicated by a blue checkmark
- Tap DONE (on Android) or ADD PHOTOS (on iOS) to exit the photo selection menu
- Tap SAVE to finish saving your ride and you will see a pop up indicating photo upload progress
Adding Photos to a Saved Ride
Forgot to add a photo at time of save, or recorded with a Wahoo or Garmin and wanted to illustrate your ride with photos? You can add photos after saving easily following these steps.
- Select a Ride from your Rides Library
- Tap the 3 dots in the upper right corner > Edit Details
- In the edit details screen, tap ADD PHOTOS to open the photo selection menu
- Add additional or missing photos by tapping on them, then tap DONE (on Android) or ADD PHOTOS (on iOS) in the upper right corner
- Tap SAVE/UPDATE to finalize uploading additional photos
- To view your saved photos, tap on any Ride or Route with photos added, and then they will be displayed under the map and above your metrics preview.
- You can drag the photo gallery left and right to see all photos uploaded
- Tap on individual photos to expand to full size
When viewing a photo full size in the app, you can also share it via Messaging, Email, Facebook, and other social networks using the Share button.
App Photo Settings
Let’s go through the app settings as they relate to taking photos.
- Tap the Settings icon in the upper left corner.
- Go to LOGGING
FIND PHOTOS TAKEN OUTSIDE OF APP. With this option checked, any photos taken with another app or the device’s camera will be added to the ride. This is useful if you use your camera to take several photos in succession, or take a panorama shot.
UPLOAD PHOTOS OVER WI-FI ONLY. You have the option of uploading photos over wifi only. This will help you avoid any data-overage charges from your cellular network.
PHOTO UPLOAD SIZE, Changing this option will determine the photo quality and size of the upload. The app defaults to HIGH. WARNING: Uploading full-sized photos over will be considerably larger and take up network data usage. You’ll want to use UPLOAD OVER WIFI ONLY with full uploads.
Premium and Basic subscribers can take advantage of a feature to automatically upload photos while Live Logging.
SYNC PHOTOS WHILE LIVE LOGGING. This will use your cellular network connection to upload each picture as you use Live Logging. Turn this feature off if you do not want to use any network data during your ride.
If you enable this option, this will upload photos while Live Logging even if you have Upload Over WiFi Only enabled.
- On iPhone, every time I leave the app the photo uploads don’t finish, why not?
- On iPhone, you must stay within the app until the photo uploads finish.
- Is there a limit the to the number of photos I can upload per ride?
- There is no limit for the number of photos per ride. We recommend connecting to a Wifi network before uploading to save data usage
- My photos have started uploading, how do I pause them?
- On iPhone, go to to the app drawer > settings > pause uploads. Then when you are ready to start uploading, un-pause this setting.
- How do I hide photos on my ride that I don’t want to share?
- Ride photos share the same privacy setting as the ride they were uploaded. Change the privacy of your ride to either Friends Only or Private to keep your photos from the public.
Any other questions, send us an email at email@example.com