Have you pinned a route on the Ride with GPS website? Or maybe you’re out and about and want to find a great route to ride later?
Pinning a route is a great way to keep routes handy and make them easy to find later.
Finding a route to pin
- From the app home screen, tap the icon in the upper left corner to see the app menu.
- Tap “Search Routes”
- Set your start location to find routes close to a specific location. Leave this blank to search for routes outside the distance radius.
- I’m going to search for a route to a local campground called Stub Stewart State Park by looking for “stub,” and I only want routes that have cue sheets, so I have selected that option. Next, I’ll tap “search.”
- A list of routes that meet your search criteria will bed displayed. Tap a route to view it.
- To pin the route:.
- To view your pinned routes, tap the icon in the upper left corner of the app screen to see the app menu.
- Then tap “Pinned.”
- This will bring up a list of your pinned routes.
To remove a pinned route, tap the name of the route you want to delete to open it.
The steps for sharing a route, ride, and photo within the app are all the same.
- While viewing a completed ride or route…
- In this example, I’m going to share to Facebook, add some descriptive text, then tap Post to finish.
After you have started recording a ride and have Live Logging enabled, tap the menu button, to see Share. Tap Share.
You’ll get a list of available sharing options. I’m going to select Facebook for this example.
Sharing on Facebook, you’ll see additional options like choosing with whom you will share the live logging, tagging other people, and more.
- Learn more about pinning on the web site.
- The mobile app will only show pinned rides and routes.
- Pinned routes are great for making your favorite routes easier to find when you start having many routes on your profile.
- Sharing is not limited to Facebook, you can also share via Twitter, e-mail, SMS, and whatever other share options your phone supports.
- Removing pinned rides and routes must be done on the website.