Have you pinned a route on the Ride with GPS website? Or maybe you’re out and about and want to find a great route to ride later?
Pinning a route is a great way to keep routes handy and make them easy to find later.
Finding a route to pin
- From the app home screen, tap the icon in the upper left corner to see the app menu.
- Tap “Search Routes”
- Set your start location to find routes close to a specific location. Leave this blank to search for routes outside the distance radius.
- I’m going to search for a route to a local campground called Stub Stewart State Park by looking for “stub,” and I only want routes that have cue sheets, so I have selected that option. Next, I’ll tap “search.”
- A list of routes that meet your search criteria will bed displayed. Tap a route to view it.
- To pin the route:.
- To view your pinned routes, tap the icon in the upper left corner of the app screen to see the app menu.
- Then tap “Pinned.”
- This will bring up a list of your pinned routes.
To remove a pinned route, tap the name of the route you want to delete to open it.
The steps for sharing a route, ride, and photo within the app are all the same.
- While viewing a completed ride or route…
- In this example, I’m going to share to Facebook, add some descriptive text, then tap Post to finish.
After you have started recording a ride and have Live Logging enabled, tap the menu button, to see Share. Tap Share.
You’ll get a list of available sharing options and it is shared just like routes.
You must be Live Logging to share a ride in progress.
- Learn more about pinning on the web site.
- The mobile app will only show pinned rides and routes.
- Pinned routes are great for making your favorite routes easier to find when you start having many routes on your profile.
- Sharing is not limited to Facebook, you can also share via Twitter, e-mail, SMS, and whatever other share options your phone supports.
- Removing pinned rides and routes must be done on the website.