We all have favorite coffee shops, breweries and the like on our routes, but did you know you can flag them on your map? Premium subscribers can add Points of Interest (POI) to routes to provide additional details on the map. You can select icons, names, and even add descriptions and photos for your favorite places.
- Adding POIs
- Moving POIs
- Removing POIs
- POIs on Embedded Maps
- POIs in a PDF
- POIs on Mobile
- Frequently Asked Questions
This will allow you to fine tune the POI location at any time.
- Go EDIT in the left panel.
- Click CLEAR ALL POIs.
If you removed all the POIs by mistake, just click UNDO in the elevation profile panel.
POIs entered on a route will show up when viewed on the iPhone and Android app.
- Will POIs show up on my cue sheet?
- Although you can route to a POI as part of the planning process, simply adding the POI to the map will not add it to the cue sheet at all. It only gets added to the map.
- Is there a limit to the number of POIs I can include in a map?
- There is no hard limit to the number of POIs that you can include in a map, but at some point you reach a point where it simply clutters the map with too many icons and obscures the roads.
- What kind of information should I put in a POI?
- This is up to you. We usually recommend putting in places of business or information about rest stops. Maybe a photo to help you find the place but this can only be referenced on the website and mobile app. The POI photo will not show up in a PDF or on any Garmin device.
- I have the Adventure Cycling Association maps, how can I import all the service POIs?
- Check out this detailed article on Working with Adventure Cycling Association Files.