Recording a ride on the mobile app:
Optional: Tapping LOGIN USING FACEBOOK will prompt you to sign into your Facebook account, if you aren’t already signed in to the Facebook app. This option is not mandatory.
To begin recording, tap GO RIDE:
The app may take a moment to lock-on to your position. Once it is locked, your position will show on the map as a blue dot.
Pressing Cancel Stops searching for a GPS lock, does not start recording. Tap the record button when you’re ready to go and the blue dot is on your current location.
Pressing Skip Stops searching a GPS lock, but starts recording using the location it currently has on the map.
To pause your ride or end it, press and hold the pause button for a moment.
Once the ride is paused, it is no longer recording. You can resume by tapping the record button at the bottom. To end your ride, tap the check mark to save it, or delete it by tapping the X or trashcan.
Once your ride is paused, tap the check mark button to save your ride. You’ll be taken to the ride details screen.
Give your ride a name (if you leave this blank, your ride will be given the current date as a name), select the gear used on the ride if you wish, and set the privacy settings.
Tap SAVE to finish. The ride will then be uploaded to ridewithgps.com, where you can access it at any time, add photos, clean it up, share with friends, or use it to write a Ride Report.
Saved and uploaded rides are available to view on both the app and the Ride with GPS website.
- Add Gear so you can save rides to specific bicycles, shoes, or whatever you are using to get around.
- More Battery saving tips, keep the screen off as much as possible.
- Add Photos to your rides.
- Have a Windows Phone?
- Don’t want to share your ride? When saving your ride, change “Who can see this ride?” to “Private, Just me”.
- Privacy Zones to hide your home, workplace, or school from the world.
- Change Metrics that are shown for a customized experience.
Done! Now get out and ride.by