Recording a ride on the mobile app:
- Log into your existing Ride with GPS account, or if you don’t already have an account, create a new account here.
Optional: Tapping LOGIN USING FACEBOOK will prompt you to sign into your Facebook account, if you aren’t already signed in to the Facebook app. This option is not mandatory.
To begin recording, tap GO RIDE:
The app may take a moment to lock-on to your position. Once it is locked, your position will show on the map as a blue dot and metrics like Duration will start to increment.
To pause your ride or end it, press and hold the pause button for a moment.
Once the ride is paused you can do two things:
- You can resume your recording by tapping the “Resume Ride” button.
- Or you can end your ride recording by tapping the “Finsih Ride” button.
After tapping the “Finish Ride” button you’ll be taken to the ride details screen.
Give your ride a name (if you leave this blank, your ride will be given the current date as a name), select the gear used on the ride if you wish, and set the privacy settings.
Tap SAVE to finish. The ride will then be uploaded to ridewithgps.com, where you can access it at any time, add photos, clean it up, share with friends, or use it to write a Ride Report.
Saved and uploaded rides are available to view on both the app and the Ride with GPS website.
- Add Gear so you can save rides to specific bicycles, shoes, or whatever you are using to get around.
- More Battery saving tips, keep the screen off as much as possible.
- Add Photos to your rides.
- Have a Windows Phone?
- Don’t want to share your ride? When saving your ride, change “Who can see this ride?” to “Private, Just me”.
- Privacy Zones to hide your home, workplace, or school from the world.
- Change Metrics that are shown for a customized experience.
Done! Now get out and ride.by