The rides you record on your cycling computer can be synced to your profile. Premium members can have stationary rides count toward their Ride with GPS career totals with with Stationary Ride Support. Note that the rides you record will not match our Segments since GPS is turned off on your device while riding indoors.
You will be able to follow any route you have planned or pinned to your account on your Wahoo. You will be able to track your progress with the elevation profile, route map, and turn by turn cues on the screen. Once you have paired your device with your phone, authorized your Ride with GPS account, and synced your routes, you’ll be able to ride any of your routes inside using your smart trainer by following these steps.
You will first want to make sure your smart trainer is paired to your Wahoo:
- Power on your Wahoo device
- Press the left side button > Scroll to Add Sensor > Pair your smart trainer to your Wahoo device as a sensor on the unit
Now that your Wahoo and smart trainer are paired you can get riding.
- Press the left side button and toggle Location to Indoors
- Press the left side button to return to the workout page
- Start a workout on your Wahoo
- Begin pedaling your bike to ‘wake up’ the smart trainer – the control page should pop up on the ELEMNT
- Press Mode until Route – Select a route to simulate is shown at the top of the display
- Press the center button to select the route you wish to simulate indoors.
Garmin allows you to follow a route that you’ve synced to your device. You can sync routes wirelessly with our Garmin Connect IQ app, or manually with a wired connection to your computer. The routes you follow will show the elevation profile to track your progress, as well as display your virtual partner. You may want to spend some time configuring your preferred metrics on your Garmin before you start your ride.
You will first want to make sure your smart trainer is paired to your Garmin:
- Power on your Garmin
- Select Menu > Settings > Sensors > Add Sensor > Indoor Trainer > add trainer as a sensor
Now that your Garmin and smart trainer are paired you can get riding.
- From the main menu select Indoor Trainer
- Select Follow a Course
- Choose the route you want to ride