The Tour Operator account works much like a regular account, except it can be used by multiple people to administer routes, events, and tour participants for your tour company. It has its own list of routes, events, and can be used to plan new routes.
- Getting started with your Tour Operator account
- Tour Operator Account Settings
- Tour Operator Description
First, fill out some details for your Tour Operator account. Write a description of your company and what kind of tours you offer, and add a profile picture and logo.
- After you sign into your personal account, scroll down under the Profile tab to your Clubs section.
- Your new Tour Operator page will have the Ride with GPS club icon by default until you upload a new logo.
- Click on your new Tour Operator account name. This is the link you will click to access your Tour account going forward.
To start configuring your account, click the Manage Account button on your tour account’s navigation bar. Only members with the Admin and Billing Manager permissions will have access to this page.
The Account tab is where account Admins can enter information such as the account’s name, sub-header, contact information, and load the an organization logo and cover images. All these details will display on your organization’s home page once you save.
Make sure to click the SAVE button to retain all your changes.
Make sure to click the SAVE button to retain your location change.
- Only allow members with invite link to join account:
- Riders can only join if they click the auto-approval link that is shared with them.
- Require members to set a name and e-mail address:
- This allows you to get a name an e-mail address from anyone.
- Enable messages
- A message board to share with account members.
- Allow members to post messages
- Allow all members to post messages to the rest of your account members.
- Default privacy setting for routes
- Set a default privacy for your routes when routes are save or copied to the account.
- Disable ability to copy routes for everyone except route managers
- Remove the option to copy your routes. Only route managers that are signed into your organization’s account will be able to copy routes.
- Enable calendar & events
- A shared calendar to announce rides.
- Default to List View Calendar View
- Set the account’s event page to default to Calendar View or List View
- Use metric units when signed into club:
- The account preferences will over-ride the rider’s preferences when viewing a route.
As you type out your tour company description in the left-hand text box, you see a real-time preview of the formatted text in the box on the right. Highlight text, and then use the buttons above the text box to apply formatting. You can also type out the markdown codes if you are familiar with HTML.
This is where you will tell riders more about your tour company, including tours offered and how to sign up, contact info, and whatever else you feel needs to be included in your tour operator description.
Click the question mark to see a full list of available markdown codes.
Make sure to click the save button when you are finished with your changes.
Members assigned the Billing Manager and Admin permissions have the ability access the Billing tab where they’ll be able to add and update payment information, see transaction history, and print receipts.
- View the Club account status if inactive or yearly
- View the Transaction log to see previous charges and dates
- Update payment info
- View next billing date
- Generate a receipt
Generate a receipt
- Click the TRANSACTION LOG tab.
- Click RECEIPT for the transaction PDF to be downloaded to your computer.
- Print out the PDF for your records.
Now that you have set up your Tour Operator account and configured the settings to your liking, the next step is to set up a Route Library.
Now move on to Part 2: The Tour Operator Account Route Library