As your Tour account Route Library grows and more route managers make changes to routes, you will want to periodically create backups of your Route Library and events. This way if a route or event inadvertently gets changed or deleted you can quickly restore the route or event.
- Sign into the Tour account
- Go down to the Route Library and check the boxes next to all the routes you wish to backup. If you click the very top checkbox, all routes will be selected.
- Click backup at the bottom
All restores are non-destructive. This means if you restore a route that still exists in the Route Library, it will be restored as a duplicate of the existing route, rather than saving over the existing route. If you back up all routes then restore all routes then you will end up with duplicates of all routes.
You can only restore one route at a time.
- First, unzip the backup file that you downloaded. These ZIP files will contain the individual routes to be restored.
- Click the choose file button to select the individual route to be restored. You can only restore one route at a time.
- Click the restore from backup button to initiate the restoration.
Each JSON file in this example represents a single route.
If you are restoring a backed up event, you will have the option to restore the URL, participant list, and invite code with a checkbox.
Backup and Restore Events
Each individual event page will have the option to be backed up as well. This backup will include all the details of the event page, the URL, participant list, invite code, and all the routes associated with the event.
- You’ll find the Event Backups in the same page as the rest of your backups and can restore the event in the same way.
- When restoring events, you’ll have the option to also restore the unique invite URL and participant list that was populated at the time of the backup.