- When you sign up for a tour that uses Ride with GPS maps and navigation, the tour organizer will provide you with an auto-approval link you can use to sync the tour event to your account and unlock free navigation.
- Once you click the link, you will be asked to sign up if you are new to Ride with GPS, or sign in if you have an existing account. The tour event will automatically be synced to your account on both mobile and online.
- Once you have clicked the auto-approval link and signed in to your Ride with GPS account, you’ll see confirmation that you have been added to the tour event.
- After the app is downloaded, launch the app and click Log In. Log into the app with the same credentials you just set up.
- Once logged in, tap the More in the bottom right corner of the screen to see the app menu.
- Tap My Events and select your tour event and all the routes.
- Then tap the name of a route to view it in the app.
To navigate a route:
- Tap the NAVIGATE button in the lower left corner of the route preview.
- You’ve now started navigation for the event route.
You can download your Ride with GPS tour routes for use offline to save your phone battery and/or avoid using data while riding. To download maps for use offline, tap the Save button on the bottom row of the route screen, then tap Download for Offline. It may take a few minutes to download. This works best when connected to a wifi network. Once your download is complete, you will have full access to that route and map even when you are not connected to a cellular network or wifi.
- Tap the menu icon in the upper right corner.
- Select Download All
- You’ll be taken to the Available Offline section of the app and have all the routes queued up for download.
You can create and print PDF files of your tour route maps and cue sheets. Click the name of any tour route to view it. You will see a link to print PDF maps and cue sheets in the right side panel.