- When you sign up for a tour that uses Ride with GPS maps and navigation, the tour organizer will provide you with an auto-approval link you can use to sync the tour event to your account and unlock free navigation.
- Once you click the link, you will be asked to sign up if you are new to Ride with GPS, or sign in if you have an existing account. The tour event will automatically be synced to your account on both mobile and online.
- Once you have clicked the auto-approval link and signed in to your Ride with GPS account, you’ll see confirmation that you have been added to the tour event.
- Download the app for iPhone or Android, and sign in using your Ride with GPS account.
- Once signed in, tap the “drawer” icon in the upper left corner of the screen to see the app menu.
- Tap My Events to see all the routes for your RSVPed tour events.
- Then tap the name of a route to view it in the app.
To navigate a route:
You can download your Ride with GPS tour routes for use offline to save your phone battery and/or avoid using data while riding. To download maps for use offline, tap the download icon in the bottom right corner of the route screen, select “save map & route,” and tap “save.” It may take a few minutes to download. This works best when connected to a wifi network. Once your download is complete, you will have full access to that route and map even when you are not connected to a cellular network or wifi.
- Tap the menu icon in the upper right corner.
- Select Download All
- You’ll be taken to the Available Offline section of the app and have all the routes queued up for download.
You can create and print PDF files of your tour route maps and cue sheets. Click the name of any tour route to view it. You will see a link to print PDF maps and cue sheets in the right side panel.
Click the file type you wish to download for use with your device, and the download will begin automatically.
To learn more about all the features available to you for tour routes, check out the articles below:
Learn more about using turn-by-turn navigation with tour routes and our free mobile app for iPhone and Android.
Learn how to make a tour route available for offline use in areas where you won’t have cellular network access.
Learn how to print out PDF maps and cue sheets of tour routes.