You’ve recorded a ride with your GPS device or you have downloaded a Route file, now upload it to the Ride with GPS website in one of several ways:
- Click Upload in the left hand dashboard navigation.
- Click the Select Files button to bring up the file explorer.
- Select the files you wish to upload: GPX, TCX, KML, KMZ, or FIT files are all accepted.
You can select multiple files at once by holding Control (Windows) or Command (OS X) and clicking on multiple files. Hit OK to begin the upload.
- If you forgot to record your ride, you can still add it manually by clicking Add.
The Garmin Edge series of devices can upload rides using the Automatic Sync feature or manually using the steps below:
- Click on UPLOAD at the top of the website.
- Click on the SELECT FILES button
- Then browse to the following path on the Garmin drive or volume:
GARMIN (volume or drive letter) > GARMIN > ACTIVITIES
In this example, I’m going to select GARMIN > ACTIVITIES > 2016-07-24-06-33.fit
The file name reflects the date and time when the activity was recorded and saved to the device.
The Garmin eTrex, Oregon, Montana, and GPS6x series of devices do not work with the Automatic Sync feature. You must upload your rides using the following steps:
- Plug in your Garmin device using the appropriate USB cable.
- A new drive name or drive letter will appear indicating the device is connected to your computer.
- On the UPLOAD page, Click on SELECT FILES, then browse to the following path:
GARMIN > GARMIN > GPX
- Click UPLOAD in the top navigation bar.
- Select the Add RideManually Log Your Ride on the bottom-left side of the screen.
- Give your ride name, a description, and if you like, enter the total duration, moving time, distance, and bike you rode. As with any other ride, you can add photos. If you have your heart rate data, you can also enter that here but it isn’t required.
- If your ride had an associated route, be sure to add it so that you’ll have a map to show with your ride (even if you don’t have full metrics). And, if you haven’t mapped the route before, you can always create one before you manually log your ride.
If you have saved the track on the device, then you’ll find it under the ARCHIVE folder.
If you have just finished the ride but have not saved the track, then you can select the file that starts with CURRENT…
This example is going to the CURRENT.gpx file to be uploaded.
Your files will be added to the right side of the screen as they begin to upload.
Once the files are on our server (it’s pretty quick!), tell us about your ride and add any photos you’d like to share.
You can change the name and description at this point, or you can click the name to see the full map of the uploaded ride.
Click ENABLE AUTOMATIC SYNC to use Garmin Express to sync your device via Garmin Connect.
See Automatic Sync with Garmin Connect for more info.
So you’ve got a great app that you track your rides on? Well, we’ve got an email you can send your GPX, TCX, and FIT files to as an attachment and once we get the file we’ll save it to your account for you. Send it to UPLOAD@RIDEWITHGPS.COM from your Ride with GPS login email and we’ll take care of the rest.
It happens… sometimes your GPS device just doesn’t turn on. Sometimes you left it at home. Sometimes you just don’t own a GPS. Don’t fret; you can still log your mileage.
Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, and some instances of Firefox no longer work with this feature as it relies on the Garmin Communicator Plugin to function.
As browsers discontinue support for any plugins, this feature will eventually cease working for everyone and be removed from the site.
The Official word from Garmin.
Now get out and ride!by