The Wahoo ELEMNT, ELEMNT Bolt, and ELEMNT Roam are standalone GPS units that are configured by a companion app on your iPhone or Android device. You can also configure your Wahoo device to connect to a wifi network to sync routes that you have created on ridewithgps.com and navigate these routes on your device.
This companion app and authorization steps also apply to the ELEMNT Bolt and ELEMNT Roam.
To use the Wahoo and routes from your Ride with GPS account, you’ll first need to pair the ELEMNT with the Wahoo ELEMNT companion app.
After the Wahoo ELEMNT app is paired with the device, you will need to authorize Ride with GPS to sync to your device:
- Enter the email address and password that you use to sign into Ride with GPS
Now that you have authorized your Wahoo device to sync to your Ride with GPS account, you can sync all the routes on your Ride with GPS account to the device. Only the routes will sync to the device not the map styles or Points of Interest.
If you want to limit the amount of routes synced to your Wahoo, with our Archived Routes feature you can keep routes in your account, but not transfer them to your Wahoo.
- Press the page button in the lower right corner of the ELEMNT screen until you see a map, and route appears just above the lower left button.
- Press the left button to choose Route.
- Press the middle button to sync your routes. The ELEMNT will not automatically fetch any new routes you have created since the last time you have synced, so you must go through this process each time you want to find newly created routes on your account. The time to sync depends on the number of routes in your Ride with GPS route library, but generally, the process takes just a few minutes.
- Select a route to start navigation.
You will be able to follow any route you have planned or pinned to your account on your Wahoo. You will be able to track your progress with the elevation profile, route map, and turn by turn cues on the screen. Once you have paired your device with your phone, authorized your Ride with GPS account, and synced your routes, you’ll be able to ride any of your routes inside using your smart trainer by following these steps.
- Power on your Wahoo device
- Press the left side button
- Scroll to Add Sensor
- Pair your smart trainer to your Wahoo device as a sensor on the unit
Now that your Wahoo and smart trainer are paired you can get riding.
- Press the left side button and toggle Location to Indoors
- Press the left side button to return to the workout page
- Start a workout on your Wahoo
- Begin pedaling your bike to ‘wake up’ the smart trainer – the control page should pop up on the ELEMNT
- Press Mode until Route – Select a route to simulate is shown at the top of the display
- Press the center button to select the route you wish to simulate indoors.
All users can pin any route on Ride with GPS for quick access on the ELEMNT. This can be done on the website or the app-
Pinning Routes on the Ride with GPS Website
Pinning Routes on the Ride with GPS App
- Go to the routes page on the ELEMNT.
- Press the lower button on the right side of the device to select sort.
- Press the sort button to scroll through available sort criteria until you see starred.
- This will bring up a list of starred routes. These are your pinned routes.
If you need to sync a route to your ELEMNT while you are not connected to WIFI, you can do so via Bluetooth. This is helpful if you’ve recently pinned a route or planned a route in the Mobile Route Planner you want to navigate on your device.
- Open the Wahoo Elemnt app
- Tap Workout in the bottom left
- Tap Choose a Route
- Swipe down to make sure your routes are up to date
- Find the route you navigate and view it
- Tap Select
- This will sync that route via bluetooth and load to immediately start navigating on your Wahoo ELEMNT
- Will my saved rides sync back to Ride with GPS?
- As long as the app is authorized to sync to Ride wth GPS then rides recorded with the ELEMNT will sync back to your Ride with GPS account.
- Will these routes be available if not connected to wifi?
- The routes are available with or without wifi as long as they have synced to the device. The list of routes you see on the routes page have all downloaded to the device and are ready to navigate without a wifi connection.
- How do I get additional help with my Wahoo ELEMNT?
- For all other questions concerning the use of the ELEMNT Contact Wahoo Support