Join the Beta program!
Beta testing allows us to expand our pool of devices for testing as well as get feedback from the community. The Beta version of the app is considered nearly-ready for release into production but might contain last minute bugs that weren’t caught in the QA testing.
By joining our Beta program, you will get early access to new features in the mobile app a week or two before the public release of the app.
- Install TESTFLIGHT from the App Store on your iPhone.
- Go to the Testflight Open Beta link and follow Apple’s instructions.
- When you receive your invitation from Testflight, click VIEW IN TESTFLIGHT to get the redemption code. This is easiest when done on the iPhone.
- Tap the REDEEM button and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Sign into the Testflight version of the app and use normally.
- Make sure to review the release notes indicating any bug fixes or new features.
A few notes about the TestFlight version of the mobile app:
– You can only have one version of the app at a time, either the current production version of the Ride with GPS app or the version from TestFlight.
– The Testflight (beta) version of the app will be denoted by a dot next to the app name.
– If you wish to switch back to the production version of the app, just delete the Testflight version from your phone and then reinstall from the App Store.
- If you are reading this on your Android device, join from the Google Play, otherwise you can join from your computer.
- Download the Beta app from the Google Play Store.
If you already have the app installed, we recommend first uninstalling it and then reinstalling from this link to ensure you get the beta version.
- Sign in and use the app normally.
- Should you ever get a prompt to send a crash report, please do so. The only personal information we gleam from this crash report is your user ID on Ride with GPS, hardware and software versions, and the crash info. It does not send any other personal info.
A few notes about the Android version of the mobile app beta:
– The Beta version of the app is denoted by a BETA banner across the app icon. If you do not see this banner on the icon then you are not yet using the beta version.
– Only the production version or beta version of the app can be installed at once. If you want to go back to using the production version then follow the steps below to leave the beta program.
New Feature Documentation
Documentation is typically available at the time of public release or very close to the end of the Beta cycle. This means that documentation for the new features may not yet be available at the time of Beta release. If you have questions about new Beta features, please feel free to contact our support team at any time.
Leaving the Beta Program:
You can leave the Beta program at any time. See below for instructions:
- Go into the Testflight app, tap the name of the Ride with GPS app to see more info (don’t tap open as this starts the app).
- Scroll down and tap Stop Testing. This will remove you from the Beta testing program and revoke permission to run the beta version of the app.
- Uninstall Testflight and Ride with GPS.
An alternate method is to uninstall the mobile app with the dot next to the name, and then uninstall Testflight. Then go to the App Store on your phone and reinstall the Production version again.
- Go to the Beta page and click Leave Program.
- Uninstall the Beta version of the app. The beta version will have a small banner in the corner of the app icon.
- Reinstall the production version of the app from the Google Play store. If you get the Beta version of the app again, please wait a few minutes and try again.
Questions? Whether you’re in the Beta program or not, please feel free to contact our support team at any time!